Release/Waiver Form for Pedal Boat Ride.
SFTS has organized the Pedal Boat Ride as part of their Pongal Event February 9, 2019 purely for entertainment /fun for voluntary participation of its members and guests at the event in TY Park.
Section 1 General and common to all persons.
I, the undersigned, understand that in consideration of using the facilities, Pedal Boat, equipment and/or participating in activities sponsored by South Florida Tamil Sangam (SFTS) must obey all of SFTS Pedal Boat rules and regulations as well as read and agree to the following Waiver and Release. I also acknowledge that Pedal Boat Ride entails inherent risks such as death, injury and damage to property. Those risks include, but are not limited to, death, injuries and damages resulting from the following:
- Negligence of SFTS, its Board Members, volunteers or agents;
- Negligence of guests, visitors or persons who may be present at or using the Pedal Boat;
- Negligence of the designers, manufacturers or installers of the Pedal Boat or its related equipment;
- Negligence, inattention or inexperience of belayers;
- Falls, slips, collisions or other such accidents that occur while using the Pedal Boat, whether caused by me or others;
- Misuse or failure of the indoor/outdoor rock climbing wall or its associated equipment; and
- Negligence or lack of adequate training of SFTS’s Board Members, representatives, volunteers or agents who seek to assist with medical or other help either before or after injuries have occurred.
- Negligence of rules imposed by the Pedal Boat providers.
I agree to release from all liability, discharge and promise not to take legal action against SFTS, its directors, Board Members, representatives, volunteers or agents, and Markham Park. I agree to release the aforementioned persons from any liability to me, my heirs, next of kin, assigns or personal representatives for any losses, damages, claims or demands arising out of my death, injuries or damages to property, even if their individual or collective negligence contributes to such death, injuries or damages.
I certify to SFTS that I am eighteen (18) years of age or older (Please note, If less than 18 years, parental/guardian consent is required to be obtained as below in Section 2), physically and mentally capable of safely participating in Pedal Boat Ride and that any personal belayer and equipment that I use as part of my ride are appropriate and properly qualified for ride. I freely and voluntarily assume complete personal responsibility for all risks and for my death or any injury or damage that may occur to me or my property as a result of these risks, even if such death, injury or damage occurs in a manner that is not foreseeable to me at this time. I realize that by voluntarily assuming the risks involved, I will be solely responsible for my death or any injury or damage that I sustain.
I have read this Waiver and Release thoroughly and understand the terms. My use of the Pedal Boat and my execution of this Waiver and Release are both purely voluntary and I elect to do so in spite of the risks.
Section 2 For Person under Age 18 (Cross out this section, if not applicable )
My son/daughter/ ward _______________________________ participates in the sports activity and as a
Name of son/daughter/ward
Parent/guardian, I am signing this release and waiver form with full understanding and agreement.
Section 3 Signature
________________________________ ___________________________________ _________________
Signature of Participant/Parent/Guardian Print Name of Participant/Parent/Guardian Date