Hurricane Dorian Update
அகர முதல எழுத்தெல்லாம் ஆதி
பகவன் முதற்றே உலகு.
On behalf of South Florida Tamil Sangam, it is with great joy that we wish you all "இனிய புத்தாண்டு நாள் நல்வாழ்த்துக்கள்". We are very excited to represent this elite South Florida organization and look forward to growing, innovating, and expanding our beautiful community.
It is a great honor that SFTS General Body has bestowed upon us the responsibilities to lead this organization. Our new board members are.
|Mr. Sivaprakasam Kalaichezhian(Kalai)||President|||
|Mrs. Bharathy Kumar Senthil ( Bharathy)||Vice President |||
|Mr. Rajamanikandan Narayanasamy (Raja)||Secretary|||
|Mrs. Ramya Pradeepkumar (Ramya)||Joint Secretary |||
|Mrs. Ramadevi Venkatesan (Rama)||Treasurer|||
|Mrs. Geetha Mohan(Geetha)||Treasurer|||
|Mr. Arthur Hemachandra ( Arthur)||Director, Miami-Dade County|||
|Mrs. Usha Narayanan (Usha)||Director, Miami-Dade County|||
|Mr. Balu Krishnan ( Balu)||Director, Broward County|||
|Mrs. Suryakala Ragavendran (Surya)||Director, Broward County|||
|Mr. Venkat Narayanasamy (Venkat)||Director, Palm Beach County|||
|Mr, Shandalingam Periannan(Shanta)||Director, Palm Beach County|||
Our gender balanced team will bring forward a wide array of expertise and suggestions geared towards making our Sangam as inclusive and diverse as possible. Their commitment towards progress and betterment of our society is insurmountable. We welcome you to check out our bio-data/profile on the SFTS website in the next couple of weeks.
We would like to share with you our strategic plan "Six core pillars of STFS" of what we would like to achieve this year:
- Youth Talent Program: Involving SFTS youth in the planning and execution process of SFTS related activities. SFTS community has untapped potential of young talent, their involvement will not only benefit our organization but the youth themselves. We request parents to encourage their children, teens, and young adults up to 18 years of age to participate in these programs.
- Senior Citizen program: This board will be working towards engaging / honoring senior citizens of South Florida in all SFTS social gatherings and activities. We are also committed to prioritizing their needs and they will be served first during all our SFTS events.
- Health and Wellbeing management: Besides organizing sports activities, this board will be committed to bring series of health workshops on Yoga, Meditation, Stress management etc.,
- Wealth and Financial management: This board will be working with local entrepreneurs and business to present Wealth Management Seminars on Financial Investment, Real estate etc.
- Cultural Program: Continue to promote Tamil arts, Literature and Cultural activities, etc.,
- Technology and Innovation: With evolution of modern technology and Smart devices, we will be gearing towards modernizing SFTS website and implementing a self-support system to facilitate.
- Online registration,
- Online Digital publications (Tamil Osai, blog and other articles).
- QR Code (quick Response) integration for Faster Check-In
- Improvisation on PayPal payment system
- Automation of Membership Renewal
- Membership ID,
- IVR (integrated voice Response) phone support system to help Tamil community,
- Financial integration for one stop account management
Please visit our website SFTS.org for more details.
In addition, we will begin 2018 by working towards prioritizing these goals.
- Reinstating Tax exemption 501(c)(3) status.
- Long Term Real Estate plan: Buying property to establish a new home for SFTS.
- Harvard Tamil chair
- Membership drive
- Increase sponsorship
We would like to extend our sincere appreciation to the outgoing President Mrs. Janevi Ramaji and her team for sharing their experience and valuable ideas during the transition of responsibilities. They did a fantastic job of taking Tamil Sangam to best level possible. Let us applaud them for their tremendous service.
We also take this opportunity to thank each and every community member and sponsors for their continued support and encouragement. Without them our success wouldn't have been possible. Thank you!
Our board is very excited and looking forward to seeing you all on Feb 3rd at Markham Park to celebrate Pongal Vizha. Please save this date on your calendar.
There are many ways, big and small to help and support SFTS. Please post your suggestions and ideas, we can work together to make 2018 the best year yet!
Thank you and best Regards!
South Florida Tamil Sangam
வாழ்க தமிழ்! வளர்க தமிழ் சங்கம்!
When you subscribe to the blog, we will send you an e-mail when there are new updates on the site so you wouldn't miss them.
kindly send your list of members for sending our mellinum tamil magazine free of cost so please furnish your list.The magazine will be couriered to sangam and you please distribute to your members.if any of your members wish to promote the business in 153 tamil sangam globally this will be great opportunity as you know tamil business people already advertising in our diwali issue our this issue is going to cover all 153 sangam globally.we are celebrating the 18th year since our Editor Mr Rajavel is fully dedicated for the promotion of tamil print media with lots of pains so we have to sustain our tamil media we are looking for the global tamil people support.Kindly support us.for details http://www.mellinum.co.in .We are happy to publish any material of sangam in our website you can send us.